Monday, February 9, 2009

School Carnival and Basketball Skills

This past week was a busy week for us. Tuesday we had our final practice for Basketball Skills and it was at the High School. I picked up the boys to go and one of the 3rd grade teachers stopped me to let me know I had a flat tire. I really didn't want to hear that since I already had a flat in the same tire during Christmas break. So I parked the truck and he drove me and the boys up to the high school. Which was actually a good thing cause I had no idea where the high school was. Josh once again came to our rescue and picked us up and changed the tire on the truck for us. Man I owe that man a lot of cheesecake.



Then on Wednesday night the boys had a school carnival at the Intermideate school. I do know where that school is. : ) I took the boys there and let them run around. They had different bouncy houses, games, food, and a book fair.

Here's Seth bouncing in the big Tiger House. Jake decided once we got up there that he didn't want to go in it.


Here are the boys waiting to go into the next bounce house. It was a nascar track and it took forever to get to the front. You can sort of see the line going down the side and to the back of it.

Then we went up on the stage and played some games.

On Thursday and Friday the boys finally got to do there performance at half time of the basketball games. They have been going to practice two nights a week for almost two months. The practice was to teach the kids different ball handling techniques and then perform a routine at half time. They learned how to dribble, move the ball around there head, waist , and legs. They also worked on feet skills and passing the ball. Here are some random shots of the performance.

Sorry there aren't any close up of the boys. Jamie didn't have enough time to get the big lens on the camera. And I was down on the floor with the kids helping out. If you would like to see the whole routine you can go to this link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw7hANeGdI

Or you can go to www.youtube.com and then do a search on Little Hurricanes. Hope you like it. It makes me giggle each time I watch. Thanks.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Hi babe. The You Tube video rocks. Love they rhythm!
XOXO Martha.