Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Pinewood Derby

Sorry I once again haven't been on here in awhile.

A few weeks ago Jakob had his first Pinewood Derby through Boy Scouts. And of course I forgot my camera to take pictures of the race.

They had a very nice track for the kids. It was all computerized and lights added to it to show which lane won. With it being computerized within seconds it would show on a screen who won and how fast they all were going. They had each car race on all four tracks with a different set of cars each time. Then the computer would put all the times together and figured out who won in each age group. It was very nicely done. Unfortunately Jake's car didn't go as fast as the others. But he still had a good time.

Here a couple of pictures of the car Jamie and Jakob designed and made.



Update on me: I only have one treatment left. Yeah!!!!!! I'm so happy to be so close to being done. I know I still have another surgery, but I will be so happy when the chemo is done. At least with the surgery I get good painkillers. : )
This last time the joint pain got pretty bad on Sunday. Now is seems to be getting better again. I am losing finger nails also. Of course they weren't that pretty to start with, but I do hope they come back. I look like I have been watching to many scary movies and bit all my nails off. Other then that it's the same old, same old. Just trying to keep up with the boys and all there stuff.

No comments: