Friday, March 12, 2010

Jakob's Birthday

Jakob turned 9 on the 9th. His golden birthday!! We did the normal birthday day for him. I picked Jake and Seth up from school and took them to Dairy Queen. I always ask them what they want to eat for there birthday. They get to pick either going out to eat anywhere they want in town or I will make whatever they want to eat. This year Jake asked for goulash and Dairy Queen, so we had dessert first. Can't complain with that.


Here's Jake with his birthday hat from school and his goulash. Next he wanted to do cards and gifts.

While he was opening gifts Jamie surprised him with silly string. He thought that was the coolest thing and wanted to do more.

And here is Jamie cleaning up his silly string.


Cards and gifts.

Jamie was pulling a Johnny Carson and was trying to guess what each gift was before Jakob opened it. Seth guessed a phone for every gift.

All his gifts of the night. Can you tell the boy likes gaming. Next up was cupcakes. I also let the boys pick if they want a cake or cupcakes. And he picked cupcakes again.

Seth and Jakob with the cupcakes. Of course Seth has to get into at least one picture. He can't let his brother have all the fun.

Here's a better picture.


And now time to eat them. : )


Last year's picture. It's amazing to see how much older they are getting and changing.
Update on me: I am scheduled for surgery on March 16th. I had my pre-op on the 10th and everything is a go. My counts are all up to were they need to be except for two. But the doctor said they were close enough. After that it is on to checkups every 3 months for a year or two. So it looks like the end or all this is right around the corner. I can't wait to get there.

No comments: