Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Beginning

I decided to start a blog for people to come and vist us. Since we moved so far away. I got the idea from my sister-in-law Corrina who is doing one of her own.

Lets start at the beginning as the title states. We moved to our new house in July, due to Jamie getting a new job. We are still in the process of moving all our stuff here since we still own the house in Owatonna. So if you know anyone interested in buying a house let me know. : ) Here are a couple pictures of the new house.



Front



Back

I'm still trying to get use to being so far out of town. We are about 20 minutes away from town right now. So when I tell Jamie I'm just going to run into town. That actually means I'll be back in an hour. I do have to say I like the peace, no traffic, loons calling, and waves rolling into the beach. This summer I pretty much spent most of my time on the front porch with one of my books and watching the boys run around the driveway. Soooo nice.

Well the boys are now in school and we have them in soccer. So far school is going good. Sounds like Jakob got lost his first day and I think that scared him pretty good. But other then that all is well. Seth comes home each day and tells me he is still above the line. Which means he isn't being naughty. : ) And as we all know with Seth that sometimes can be a challenge. Here are some pictures of soccer practice and the first day of school.


1 to 0


Waiting for the right kick


First day of school
Speaking of the first day of school. Could it be any darker in this photo?? The poor guys are picked up at 7:00 in the morning and dropped off at 4:30 in the afternoon. School is at 8:10 to 3:10. Sort of makes for a long day for them. One good thing is that we don't have to many fights at bedtime anymore.
Well I think I will end here. I will try to post the different stuff that we (me) are doing on the inside of the house.
Thanks for looking.............

4 comments:

Cheryl Rohwer said...

Sam, Loved your blog! The house looks beautiful. I was so jealous when you said you spent a lot of time on the front porch reading and listening to the loons and the waves coming in. Thats exactly the way it was when we were up north in July. I loved it, didn't want to come home! Glad all is going well. Take Care, miss ya :) Cheryl R

Mel said...

Sam,
Thanks for starting this blog. It is nice to be able to keep up-to-date with the nieces/nephews. Love, Aunt Melanie

Chris said...

Hey Sam....since "my mouth just wouldn't stay shut".....I had to write....we love your new place and you are very lucky to "have it all". Dennis wishes he was there everyday. (yes, with me!!! ) you are living his dream. Write here often, as I will be checking it....
Love, Chris

JaneC said...

Hey there girl, Love the new colors. The walls look great! Love the light too.
Well you know me...short on words but wanted to write something. Hope all is going well.
Miss ya.
Jane