Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Tree

I finally got the Christmas tree up. Poor Jakob had been asking me everyday since Thanksgiving if I would put the tree up. So one of the days that they were in school I dug the tree out of storage. You see I had to wait until they were gone cause that is were their presents are. Shhh don't tell them. Thanks.



Next I got the lights on and some of the odds and ends ornaments that I like to still put on the tree. Then I waited until the boys go home from school.


Here is Seth with his new ornament for the year. It's Thomas the Train hauling a Christmas tree. Each year I try to get them an ornament that goes with something they did or liked in the year. Cheryl was able to find Jakob a soccer player at a craft sale she went to. It has his name and year on it.


Boys adding the new ornament to the tree.

I decided this year that I would have the boys put up all their own ornaments on the tree. I guess this was a mistake on my part. Cause some of the ornaments are glass and our floor is tile. So when they get dropped they don't bounce. I had just gotten done telling Jake that he had to be very, very careful he dropped his first baby ornament. I blued it back together as best I could. But it shattered so much that there is now a hole on one side.

Here is the tree all done.

The boys with the tree.

And last but not least here is my ornament. It's Duck Dodgers and Marvin the Martian. I do have another Marvin ornament, but didn't have a picture of it yet.

No comments: