Monday, March 16, 2009

A New Addition

Last Friday a local radio station had a radio auction. It was called Recession Buster and they had all sorts of things on there they were auctioning off. Well both Josh and Jamie listen to this station on there way to work. Josh called Jamie and they discussed what items they wanted to bid on so they wouldn't be out bidding the other.

I got a phone call from Jamie around lunch time telling me to turn on the radio. I asked what I was listening for and he told me to listen for the going once count down. Well they counted down on an item and I told Jamie it was sold and he informed me that he bought the item. He bought a floating dock like raft for the lake. It is 8 feet X 10 feet, two lounge chairs that can be raised or lowered and also a table that can be raised or lowered into the raft. It also has a step ladder on the side and reflectors around it so other boats can see it at night. Sorry I don't have a picture of it. I will add it once we get it.

Then he called back a little bit later and said he was bidding on another item. And asked if anyone else was bidding on it too. See Jamie doesn't have a radio in his office so he had no idea if someone was trying to out bid him or not. And of course there was a lady trying to out bid. But Jamie would call back each time and raise the bid. In the end Jamie got the auction item.

I'd like to introduce you to a new addition to our family. She's real pretty and fast. : )


Luckily we still had a little bit of snow that Jamie could get it to the lake.


Here's Josh dragging Seth in the ice fishing sled. You can't see Seth very well but he's in there enjoying himself.


Jamie and Jakob coming back from a tour of the lake. Dang trees.
Jamie and Seth
Once Jamie gave the boys rides on the sled he tied the ice fishing sled to the back and drove the boys around some more.
I also got to enjoy a ride on the sled by myself. But of course no one took a picture of that. Then Jakob and I took a little ride. I was starting to get freaked out though. There were a bunch of puddles of water on the ice and it scared me, so I made Jakob go back.
Jamie took the sled out again on Sunday and gave the boys rides. I told him he was done for the year now. The temps have been in the 50's and we even got to 60 yesterday. So I don't really want to worry about him falling into the lake.

1 comment:

Corrina said...

You don't want to worry about him falling into the lake? Well honey...remember, my crazy brother will be jumping into the frozen lake in a few days/weeks...by choice....