Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving was one of my good weeks. So I was very happy to find out that Joe and Corrina would be spending the week with us. Neither one has been here yet to see the house and lake. I'm hoping they will be able to come back in the summer some time so we have more stuff to do. But I think they had a good time just hanging out with us. Well poor Joe might not want to come back to soon. The boys wouldn't leave him alone, if Joe went out with the dogs Jake would try to follow. If he was in the house they wanted to play video games or catch or just be around him. I'm sure that gets a little overwhelming when your not use to it. But Joe you did great.

The night before Thanksgiving Joe and Corrina made up some of Joe's family cookies. Here are the boys and Joe cutting them out.


Cookies out of the oven and cooling. We decided to let them cool over night and we would decorate after dinner the next day.

The next morning Joe and Josh went out and broke up a bunch of hay bales that Jamie got. They covered up the well so hopefully this year the line doesn't freeze up on us again.


This year we decided to use the turkey fryer. We haven't use it before so it was fun watching Jamie and Josh trying to figure out how the thing went together. We also had Josh and Josh's friend Chris and his son here for dinner.

You have to love Jamie's manly blue with white daisies glove he used when dropping the turkey in.
I was a little nervous with all the smoke, but I guess this is suppose to happen right???

While inside Corrina and I tried to get everything else ready to eat. Seth helped make the honey butter for the corn bread. He loves helping in the kitchen.

Jamie and Josh cutting the turkey up. I laughed at Jamie when I asked him if we wanted the electric knife. He just looked at me blankly and said, "Do we own one of those?" So needless to say I got out the electric knife we received as a wedding present 10 years ago. Shows you how much we make big meals.

Once everything was cleaned up and put away. We got the cookies and frosting and stuff out to decorate. Seth was all about it and very much into the decorating.


Here's Joe supervising and trying my pumpkin cheesecake. Joe made a Redskins football player out of one of the cookies.



Here are the cookies.

It was funny when the boys made cookies for me and Jamie. They wrote Sam and Jamie on the cookie instead of mom and dad. How strange.

Then Friday Joe and Corrina had to head out so they could get to Cheryl's and spend some time with her before driving all the way back to Colorado. It was great having them here and like I said I hope they can make it back this summer.

No comments: