Monday, November 23, 2009

Taking Back Control

After my 2nd treatment my hair finally started to fall out. It started out with just a few strands here and there and then it just kept getting worse. It was either Friday or Saturday night I took one of those combs you get at picture day and started to comb my hair. My hair just kept coming out and it didn't look like it was going to stop. So I had to make myself stop combing cause I was starting to get really depressed about it. I asked Jamie if he thought I should shave it or leave it and he thought I should wait awhile. But the more I talked to other people they said to shave it and Take Back Control. We knew my hair would fall out, but I'm the one making the choice to shave it not the cancer.

So Sunday I got up took my shower and that is when I decided enough was enough. It was the worse shower I have ever taken in my life. I had hair all over my hands, arms and the shower floor. So I called my neighbor, Carmen and her husband George and they came over to shave my head. George took pictures for me. I'm not to sure who was more nervous me or Carmen, but it had to be done. Here are some pictures for you.


I asked if we were going to do an attachment first or just go at it. And Carmen said we are just going at. And here we go.


The boys popped in once in awhile, but didn't really stay to watch the whole thing.


I do feel better now that it is done. But it is very strange to see this person staring back at me in the mirror. Thank goodness this is only for a short time.

No comments: