Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Birthday Party

We all went back to our old house this past weekend to load up more stuff and to celebrate my niece's third birthday.

Saturday we all got up and went over to my brother-in-law and sister-in-laws house to help them with there basement. Well actually Jamie helped and the boys found toys to play with. They are in the process of finishing there basement off, so Jamie was trying to help hang doors. I think they were only able to get two done before we had to go to the party. But in between there I met one of my good friends and her family at the town park and took some family pictures. She told me I could share some with you.





My oldest son was my assistant for the day. He would stand behind me and make rabbit ears to my head. Or do the whole where are you, peek thing to get the kids to laugh. He did such a good job. I think this is my second or third year taking fall pictures. It's fun to go back and look at the old ones. I told Jason that the folder I have of the family is so big that I can't burn it to a disk all at once. I'm going to have to break it up. I love it.

Then we headed over to my brother and sister-in-laws for the birthday party. It was nice to see everyone again. And the kids where excited to play with each other again. I'm amazed at how well they get along and play with each other now. For awhile there the joke in the family was seeing who would get hurt first.

We had a wonderful meal of tacos, rice, texas eggrolls (that I burnt myself trying to fry), and different dips. Sooooo yummy.

Then we opened presents. I of course being the naughty aunt that I am snuck a couple gifts in that I probably shouldn't have. But she loved them and it's all that matters. Take a look.


Candyland game.



Barbie. What little girl doesn't love a Barbie????


Ok, here is the first of the naughty gifts. If you know me then you know I love me my Pop Rocks. So I of course had to give them as a present. Shelly you will have to take a picture of her as she is eating them. I want to see her reaction. : )


And last but not least. Chocolate Covered Donuts!!!!! See how much she loves them. She's hugging them. Oh man this girl is so related to me it's not even funny. She also loves chips. I was going to add those to the bag, but I didn't want to go to far. : )

And the big gift of the night.

A new bike!!!!

After the gifts we had cake and then went outside and the kids had a pinata. It was one of the new kinds where you just pull the string. Instead of hitting it and each other in the process.


Once all this was done the kids started to get out the gifts and play some more. Jamie decided to get in on the fun.


No comments: