Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Maine - Day Two

The next day we got up and drove the Park Loop of Arcadia National Forest. As we were driving around Jamie saw a spot to stop and hike. So we pulled over and started to hike in the woods. We got to one open area and this is the view we had.

Then we started to go up the hill some more. It felt like we were walking forever. Once we got to the top of that this is the view we had.
Jamie with the Atlantic behind him.

Me being dumb. =]


Such a pretty view.

Next stop was Sand Beach. There was a really nice beach here and I decided I needed to walk in the water. That way I could say I had been in the Atlantic Ocean.

It came in a little higher and faster then I thought it would. And it was super cold.


This is Thunder Hole. It got it's name from when the water comes in it crashes and sounds like thunder.

Here are the rocks in front of Thunder Hole.

This is the other side.

We came across this house on our drive. I thought it was pretty cool. It looks like something out of The Lord of the Rings.
For lunch we stopped at Jordon Pond, they are suppose to have these amazing Pop-Overs. We each got a cup of soup and our own order of pop-overs. The are served with butter and jam. I have to admit I was not that impressed with them. It just looked like a double muffin and there wasn't anything to the inside of them. But that's ok, I can say that I have had them and that's all that matters.

Once we were done with lunch we walked around the grounds. Here are the The Bubbles. We sat down and relaxed for a little bit and enjoyed the view. I asked Jamie if he wanted to walk around the area some more and he told me to go ahead. I started to walk down the path and when I turned around this is what I saw.

He was going to try to take a nap.

On my walk I came across a little stream.

And stone bridge with a horse and carriage going over it.

They also have these carriage roads that you can walk, bike, or rent the horse and carriage.

Here is a house we came across on the carriage road.

A little further down the road we found this bridge. I love this stone style.
At the end of the Loop we came to Cadillac Mountain.

Here is the view from the top. Thank God they had a road to the top.
Here is Jamie's attempt to make it look like I was walking from island to island.
After that we headed back to Bar Harbor and went down to the beach. When the tide is out you can walk from the main island to Bar Island.

Tide is out and we are heading over.

You have to pay attention to what time it is or you can get trapped on the island. I believe you can walk back but at high tide it will be up to your chest.

No comments: